Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Newletter Summer 2012


The school year will soon be getting underway. Over the next two weeks our staff will be returning. We are excited about what this new year will bring! As of now one new staff will be going us. Regina is from Stockton, California! She has experience in office management and will be assistaning in the office this year. It will be nice to have someone close to home down there this year.

This coming school year is bringing many changes to the girl’s dorm at RSM. I am currently without an assistant dorm mother. The current dorm mom is switching to a teaching position. I have heard of two women that are possibly interested in the helping in the dorm but nothing has been decided yet.

I am looking forward to having up to seven new girls in the dorm.  For the first time since I’ve been at the Ranch I may have a full dorm of eighteen girls.  This is what I have been praying to happen for over seven years! I’m excited and a bit nervous.

 We may have a hearing girl in the dorm this fall. She has three older siblings who are deaf. The children come from a single mom home and are part of a small native tribe in southern Mexico. It was decided that it would be in the best interest of the family for the youngest to come to school as well even though she is hearing.  She will go to school and take classes in Mexican Sign Language along with the rest of the students. She will be able to keep up her Spanish as well.

I was blessed with the opportunity to buy a used car this month that is still in good condition for a fair price. It is going to be wonderful to have reliable transportation this year!

It has been wonderful to reconnect with many of you this summer. As well as meet many new people. I am heading back to Rancho Sordo Mudo on Tuesday, August 21. I want to thank you all for your prayers, notes and financial support. You make it possible for me to continue ministering here. You are all such a blessing!

My current need for the year (June 2012-May 2013) is,
 $15, 000. This covers rent, medical and car insurance, dental care and girls’ dorm needs. If you are interested in helping, please send checks made out to Berea Baptist Missions Inc, noting that it is for Katie Stanley and send them to my support address.

No comments: