Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Goodbye September


The first month of school has come to a close. It is so exciting to have all the students back.

What a year it has been! As many of you know I did not have an assistant this past year, so it was just the girls and I  most days. There were ladies on staff that helped on my day off or at other times here and there. In a way it was just what the girls and I needed. It was a blessing for it to be just with my girls.

This school year I have an assistant, Noemy. As much as I enjoyed our year alone I am very greatfull to have her with us. She is so enthusiastic to be in the dorm and is eagerly learning Mexican Sign Language.

I had two new girls this last year from Quertero, Mexico. They are sisters who came with their little brother. I was told that they weren’t going to be returning but they have! It was amazing to see Leticia (18), Isabel (13) and Alexis (7) learn to communicate in sign language! All three are doing amazing in school.

The greatest blessing of all was watching Lesly, one of my girls tell Isabel about Jesus! Lesly herself had just accepted Jesus into her heart the week before. Her enthusiaum was contagus! Two of my other girls Esmeralada and Sheley also decided that they wanted a relationship with Jesus. I could have asked for nothing better! 

No comments: